Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Few Poems To A Friend


To A Friend


Friend.
go on talking and talking to me
of the love you win
from haves and haves-not
clever and idiots.
Talk of the beauty you see
in whatever grotesque and clumsy.
Talk of the faith you draw
out of the faithless wrecks
You who are at rest
while surrounded by restlessness
and restless while placed in restfulness.
Talk of the hearts you have conquered
in the war that goes with no end.
Talk of the joy you feel
in playing with rustic children
and the agony of parting with them.

Go on talking and talking
while I listen enraptured.
But what is it?
It's me who's talking,
talking trash
without letting you utter a word !

Untitled



You should not mind, my friend,
if I wanted to leave you
and walk alone
with my own rhythm
and my own music of footfall.

Do not expect me
to walk with you side by side
hand in hand.
No, never,
while traversing a distance.

I never count paces
or steps I walk up and down
I don't know the number-games.

Do not call me crazy, my friend.
Suddenly I wanted to part with
you. Don't expect that I'll join you
in some midway.

But...we will surely merge to be one
the moment we cross the horizon of time.

Until then...
I just want to be true to my journey.

--------------------------------------
                                                   11 March, 1999.

3 comments:

  1. Yes follow your dreams while you walk alone. One day our paths may cross😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, I hope you'll go to my older posts as well and comment.

    ReplyDelete